Acceptance of Filings by Email
Due to the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, the Commission is accepting filings by email. Documents may also be filed in the traditional way by mailing a paper copy to the Commission at 333 Market Street, 14th Floor, Harrisburg, PA 17126. In-person filings will not be accepted until further notice.
Email filings are strongly preferred and encouraged.
Instructions for Emailing Documents for Filing
- Documents to be submitted electronically must be in PDF format.
- Documents to be filed may be emailed to: RA-ED_PSPC_Filings@pa.gov
- Documents to be filed must be attached to the email and not contained in the body of the email.
- Documents filed by email must be signed by the filing party either by (a) signing by hand and then scanning the document, or (b) signing electronically using a digital signature.
- The email and attached documents must contain the filer’s name, address, telephone number, and the case’s docket number (if one has been assigned).
- A document submitted for filing by email does not have to be delivered in hard copy form to the Commission.
- The email and attachment will constitute the official record of the filing.
- Documents received by 5:00 pm will be considered filed that day. Documents received after 5:00 pm or on weekends and holidays will be considered filed the following business day.
- The email address is solely for submitting attached PDF documents for filing.
- Please do not include comments, questions, or additional correspondence in the email.
Service of Documents filed by Email
- Documents filed by email must be served on all participants.
- Service may be made on the Department of Education by emailing a copy to: RA-EDMISCONDUCT@pa.gov
- All other participants must be served by mailing a paper copy, properly addressed with postage prepaid, unless the participant has filed a Consent to Electronic Service form with the Commission.
- Service is complete upon mailing or emailing, but is not effective if the filer learns that the document did not reach the person to be served.
- Documents submitted for filing must contain a signed Certificate of Service indicating the date the document was placed in the mail or emailed.
THE COMMISSION MAY REJECT FILINGS THAT DO NOT CONFORM TO THESE REQUIREMENTS.