Unit 3: Relationships With Students
In this unit, we will focus on the following questions:
- According to the Code of Professional Practice and Conduct, what are the professional expectations of teachers with regard to their relationships with students?/li>
- How can a teacher foster positive, professional relationships with students?
- How can teachers recognize their own situational vulnerabilities and seek appropriate professional assistance?
- How is the appropriate teacher-student boundary defined?
- What are some of the potential consequences for interacting with students improperly or engaging in inappropriate relationships with students?